Okay I know it's embarassing to admit this, but I just khatam the Quran like few months ago in 2010.
Yes, It's the first time ever in my life to finish reciting the Holy Book.
Well, I shud've done that way earlier before even getting in my adolescence years, but I had to restart over and over again due to some change of Ustaz and Ustazah. Why did i keep restarting? I guess I lost track of where I stopped previously. Different place, different Quran.
So here, I want to say to whoever out there that has not Khatam the Quran yet, keep on reading. U'll get there one day. Cuz what kept me moving was this:
I don't remember exactly where I heard it, but on of my ustazah said if we don't khatam the Quran, how cn we even admit that it's the book we refer to when malaikat Mungkar dan Nakir ask us in our graves?
Wallahualam, but thinking about it, it's best that i do finish it when i can.
Then, whats the point of just reciting it, when u don't know the meaning?
So now, after finishing the Quran, just by reciting in Arabic, I'm on the quest to try and understand it's meaning and learn the stories. I admit that some part may be a little bit confusing so jgn lah buat suka2 je kan. Apa yg i boleh paham, i paham, Apa yg xboleh, InsyaAlllah I cari.
SO, here are some quotations i love that i found on the Commentory of The Translation of the Holy Quran by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
"The perfect vicegerent is he who has the power of initiative himself, but whose independent action always reflects perfectly the will of his Principal."
"Thenceforth were your hearts
Hardened: they become like a rock and even worse in hardness.
For among rocks there are some from which rivers gush forth;
others there are which when split asunder send forth water;
and others which sink for fear of god, and god is not unmindful of what ye do."
[Al-Baqarah, 74]
There are rocks that weep voluntarily, like repentant hearts that come to God of their own accord : such are the rocks from which rivers and springs flow spontaneously, sometimes in small trickles, sometimes in big volumes. Then there are rocks which have to be split or dug into or blown up with dynamite, and underneath we find abundant waters, as in the wells beneath rocky soils. Such are the hearts of a less degree of fineness, which yet melt into tears when some great blow or calamity calls the mind to higher things. And lastly, there are the rocks which slip or sink by geological pressure or in an earthquake, and send forth large spouts of water: such sinking or quaking may be poetically ascribed to fear. So there are hearts that which will come to God by no higher motive than fear, but yet fear will melt them into tears of repentance. But the hardened sinner is worse than all these. His case is worse than that of rocks, for nothing will melt them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do u think?